Gas Log Installation in Ball Ground, GA
Professional Gas Log Installation In Ball Ground, Georgia
The Mad Hatter is the premier chimney and fireplace service company in Ball Ground, Georgia. We offer professional gas log installation with many options to choose from. Each gas log system has specific clearance specifications and requirements for installation. You can’t just fit the largest gas logs possible inside your fireplace. Safety clearances must be met so that enough air space is available for the burner to operate safely. Our gas log service technicians can help you determine what size gas logs your fireplace can hold and answer any questions you may have. Contact us below to get started!
Step By Step Guide To Buying Gas Logs
Step 1 – Choose Your Venting Option
Vented Gas Logs
- Most realistic and natural-looking flame
- Must be installed in a fully functioning wood-burning fireplace.
- Radiant heat delivers warmth into the room, similar to burning wood.
- Produces some soot when the flame touches the log.
Vent-Free Gas Logs
- Delivers more heat inside your home.
- Must be installed in a fireplace approved for a vent-free log set.
- Installation is subject to state and local codes. Some areas do not allow vent-free.
Step 2 – Determine The Size Of Your Logs
This simple measuring process will help you choose the size you need.
- Measure the front width of your fireplace.
- Measure the width at the back of your fireplace.
- Measure the depth from the front to the back of your fireplace.
- Measure the height from the top to the bottom of the front of your fireplace.
- Measure the height from the top to the bottom of the back of your fireplace.
Step 3 – Choose How To Control The Gas Logs
Match LightThis option is for natural gas only. There is no pilot, only the logs and the burner. Your fire is lighted by placing a match or lighter near the burner, then turning on the gas with your key valve. You control your flame height by using your key valve, which is normally located outside the fireplace either in the wall or floor.
Manual Safety PilotThis system has a safety pilot that is manually lighted and stays lit all the time. Also called a standing pilot, it is similar to a pilot found in a water heater. You can turn the burner on and off manually by reaching inside your fireplace and turning the control knob. You cannot operate this type of system with remote control, but you can upgrade later.
Remote ControlRemote control systems include a remote pilot valve assembly. Depending on the remote option you select, you will have the ability to control certain functions of the log set from a remote control. Remote-controlled options include basic on/off control, as well as variable flame control height.
Step 4 – Choose Natural Or Propane Gas
Step 5 – Shop For Gas Logs At Our Online Store
Shop Vented Gas Logs Below
Read Our Google Reviews!
They were very good with explaining the job for new fireplace doors and all that was involved. They did a great job tarping my white carpet and the cleaning was well done. Excellent rating for Lucky, Mario, and Matt!!!!
goes with it.
I recommend them